The way we access the information on Google has changed significantly due to the popularity of tablets and smartphones. The way of interaction with websites and brands have transformed from desktop to easily accessible smartphones and tablets.
With this revolution, Google had initiated Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to improve performance and speed of information access on the mobile web. It allows the website development service provider to create light-weight pages to speed up the search. It is an open source initiative of Google aiming to make better web experience to all. It enables the creation of consistently fast ads and websites experience across all distribution platforms whether a mobile, tablet or iPad.
As per the survey conducted by Google, it is proved that a regular non-AMP web page takes nearly 22 seconds to load a page but an AMP coded page takes 0.7 seconds only. AMP had invented to fulfill the need of rapid search results of surfers. It has also created a win-win situation for Google to stay ahead among its competitors.
Why is AMP necessary?
- Developed website published in AMP format loads instantly by offering smooth and more engaging user experience on all platforms.
- It is very flexible and publishers can decide how to present their content
- It maintains and improves key performance indicator of the website
- It aims to provide best possible mobile experience to the user
- Previously AMP was focused on news stories from online publishers, but now it is recommended for other businesses also such as eCommerce stores.
- It offers user a powerful mobile shopping experience
What does AMP mean for SEO?
- AMP is not directly affecting on search engine ranking but indirectly as speed does matters in search engine raking
- It also influences on Google places as faster to load pages considered valuable by Google
- It helps to improve number of clicks while reducing bounce rate
- If your website is mobile friendly and faster to load, then it can improve search engine result for your website
If your website is still lacking in speed and instant page loading, get it implemented by your website development service provider and attract more visitors by offering best mobile shopping experience.
Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The
text in your article seem to be running off the screen in Firefox.
I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or
something to do with internet browser compatibility but I thought I’d post to let you know.
The design look great though! Hope you get the issue resolved soon. Cheers
Thanks for sharing with us.