What is E-commerce?
E-commerce also stated as electronic commerce is nothing but selling and buying services or goods over on electronic media especially the Internet. The transactions are processed either business to consumer, business to business or consumer to consumer. It is one of the most common processes used during a transaction of online shopping. It uses ‘pull’ type supply management in which just-in-time manufacturing way is used as the process starts when a request is received from the customer.
At the beginning of 1960’s, e-commerce was invented to share business documents through electronic media. The rise of 1990 brought a revolution in the e-commerce industry and the era of online purchase started.
Benefits to Businesses:
- Improves image/brand of the business
- Helps to offer better customer service and improves customer satisfaction
- Helps to simplify business procedure to make it faster and efficient
- Reduces paper work and eventually helps to improve environment
- Physical company set-up not needed
- Easy to start and manage new business
- More reach to potential customers in the least capital investment
- Improves brand identity
Benefits to Customers:
- Round the clock availability of services and goods
- Shop around the world from home or workplace
- Multiple choices and ranges for single product/service
- Easy to find and compare
- Round the clock inquiry and customer support available
- The customer can share their reviews or comments about products they bought so that other buyer can get benefit from it.
E-commerce is conducted using various modes such as shopping carts, online catalogues, and emails. A new trend of e-commerce is trying to lure more and more customers through tools such as social media marketing, digital promotion, and digital coupons. So, why are you waiting? Just enrol with the best eCommerce solution provider in India and grow your business to the next level.